Please record your initial responses to the following philosophical questions. Please don’t consult any outside sources. I am really interested in hearing what you think before we read any of the texts or watch any of the films. Your response to each set of questions should be at least one paragraph (3-5 sentences), for a total of seven paragraphs.
1. What is the good or right thing to do? So, for example, is cheating on an examination okay? Why or why not?
2. Who are you? How do you know that you are the same person today that you were when you were five years old?
3. Are you free to choose your destiny? Where you always determined, necessarily, to enroll at CSUSM and PHIL 332 this term?
4. Is there a “God”? As part of your answer to this question be sure to define “God.”
5. Is there a purpose to life? If so, what should be our purpose? Do you think that life is more valuable if one seeks a meaning? Why or why not?