Discussion: Clinical Supervision
Clinical Supervision is an essential component of your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. It provides an opportunity for professional collaboration as you share experiences with and gain insights from colleagues. For this Clinical Supervision, consider a client whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
- Analyze clients presenting for treatment of anxiety disorders
- Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients diagnosed with an anxiety disorder
- Review this week’s Learning Resources concerning treating patients with anxiety disorders.
- Reflect on a child or adolescent client you are currently counseling or have previously counseled at your practicum site who has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video in which you do the following:
- Describe the client. Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
- Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.