In the selection of your topic for your final project, examine all possible areas of interest, both in the public and private sectors. Research topics of interest in which you would love to have a career.
Based on the feedback from your instructor and peers regarding your topic, finalize the thesis that you will pursue for your research. Now, you will develop a research plan that will include the following:
- Thesis statement: This statement presents the problem or issue you intend to research, and it should be clear and concise.
- Hypothesis: This is a statement of prediction regarding the results of the problem or issue. Briefly identify your working solution to the problem. How might your working solution solve the problem? Be sure to note that your working solution will evolve through continued research and analysis.
- Measurement and analysis approach: Define the key points that you will research, and explain how you will gather and analyze the data you find. Intend to incorporate information related to technology and crime statistics that apply to your issue.
- Applicable resources: Identify 5 sources that you have found that are the most relevant and best support your purpose
- statement. List the sources, and then record the main idea as notes to use as part of your research later. Identify case studies, library, Web, and other scholarly resources.
- Ethical standards: What are ethical and legal responsibilities to ensure that your final report will be of the highest ethical standards?