Demonstrate Your Agile Team Experience Runs Deep
If you’re experienced using agile approaches, have good collaboration skills, eagerly embrace complexity and thrive on rapid response times, then your talents are in demand.
From the people who brought you the PMP®, the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. Show your peers, employers, and stakeholders that your agile knowledge runs deep.
Created by agilists for agilists, the PMI-ACP is our fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts—75 percent versus 56 percent—as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
PMI is committed to the safety and well-being of our global community. Resulting from COVID-19, there have been significant changes to certification testing that may impact you. Please refer to our COVID-19 page for the most up to date information and guidance.
Important ACP Updates
PMI-ACP Exam Guidance
Review tips, resources, and FAQs to help you prepare. Resources are available in five new languages.
Prepare for the exam
Who Should Apply?
If you work on agile teams or if your organization is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP is a good choice for you. The PMI-ACP is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill as part of an agile team.
Gain and Maintain Your PMI-ACP
- The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions and you have three hours to complete it.
- To maintain your PMI-ACP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years.
- Secondary degree
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
- How could this industry certification benefit you and help you reach your goals?
- How do you think employers view certifications such as this one?
- If you feel additional studying would help you prepare for the exam, what is your plan to study for the exam?