Trefry Library (apus.edu)
Using the APUS Online Library, select a peer reviewed article that is no more than five (5) years old that interests you personally; however, it must be related to all or a combination of the following topic areas:
- National security law
- Homeland security laws, policies, and executive orders
- Constitutional impact
- Civil liberties
- Individual Rights
- Immigration and border security
A critical analysis includes:
- An Introduction – introduce the thesis
- Summary – provide the main idea
- Analysis – critically state the positive and negative points of the article and assess if the intended goal of the author was met
- Conclusion – summarize the main ideas
Include at least two (2) additional references as part of your critique (to support your analysis).
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 3 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.