Using your assignment from Topic 2 and the three scholarly resources you selected, transform your ideas into a complete 1,000-1,250 word rough draft. Your research essay should focus on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education. The final version will be submitted in Topic 7.
Address the following in your research rough draft:
- 1. Describe the cultural identifier and why you chose it. Explain your connection to your choice of cultural identifiers.
- 2. Summarize the key historical events that have significantly affected your specific cultural identifier.
- 3. Summarize the topic in context of K-12 education, including the related cultural identifier and any associated controversies.
- 4. Identify current opinions for the controversial argument, including at least one supporting and one opposing.
- 5. Describe how this controversial issue could affect your future teaching practices and how it could affect your future students.
- 6. Summarize related policies or methods that have been implemented in schools as a solution to the controversial issue.
Once you have compiled your Social Injustice and Cultural Identifiers Research Rough Draft, submit it to this assignment dropbox for your instructor to review, and complete the following:
1. Post the rough draft to the Social Injustice and Cultural Identifiers Research Rough Draft Peer Review Forum on Day 1 of Topic 5.
2. Follow the instructions in the Peer Review Forum in order to complete a peer review.
You will be responsible for addressing the feedback in the final version of your classroom management plan.
Support your research essay with at least 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.