Criminal homework help. Act as if you are the Police Chief from the Portland Police Department in Portland, Oregon.
Create a 5-year strategic plan focused on addressing the needs of the community from law enforcement. This needs to be written as a report, not an essay.
In 1,500-2,000 words, include the following in your plan:
- State the goal and vision.
- List and describe three specific objectives (e.g., working with groups within the community or how specific crimes will be reduced).
- Obtainable timetable showing how objectives will be accomplished within 5 years, with 6-month checkpoints, showing how each will progress.
- All stakeholders’ roles should be defined with a specific set of tasks so that everyone knows their role in accomplishing the goals.
- Create a budget for the 5-year plan, and identify what resources will be necessary to accomplish the plan, and where the resources will come from.
To reiterate, the plan must include the subheadings of Vision, Goals, Objectives, Timetable, Assigned Duties, Budget, Citations. You may want to include additional subheadings in your plan to meet the needs of your plan, but these subheadings must be included at a minimum.
Your recommendations need to be justified with data. Be sure to cite your sources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
The “Strategic Plan” is a follow-up to the “Needs Assessment” document uploaded below. It can be used as a reference to help gather information needed to complete the strategic plan.