- Write on one Supreme Court ruling that has impacted one of the following issues on society:
- Citizenship rights for immigrants.
- LGBTQIA+ rights.
- Fï»¿reedom of speech and religion.
- Pï»¿ro-life vs. reproductive rights sides.
- Wï»¿orkplace discrimination.
- Summarize the recent Supreme Court Ruling of choice detailing the facts, and provide a high-level overview of the issue and overall ruling of the case.
- Describe the factors that led to the outcome of the ruling.
- Outline the effect the ruling had on law, precedent, and social policy.
- Review and provide additional ways these cases could be overturned in the future.
- Provide three quality sources—ï»¿the textbook may be used as one reference source.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Refer to the SOC205 Library Guideï»¿ for further resources.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze judicial decision making and the impact of these decisions on law, precedent, and social policy.