Even though Suburban Homes did not place a strong emphasis on quality but focused on meeting industrial standards, the company has realized that it must exceed all the quality standards to expand its business successfully. Although Adam Smith worked for several years in the construction industry, he is not specifically trained in quality management and he is not well versed with quality management tools and techniques. He is actively seeking help internally and externally.
In the previous chapters, you have learned about scope plans (WBS), schedule networks, cost estimations along RBS, and risk assessments for the project described. Now, the quality management plan needs to be added to make the project plan comprehensive project.
Adam’s primary task is to develop a quality management plan. Further, he realized that employee turnover and the expansion of the business in the southern states has led to Suburban Homes developing a centralized quality management team. You are hired as a consultant to develop a comprehensive quality management plan.
For your assignment:
· Assess quality expectations of a typical home buyer who is the primary stakeholder and other key stakeholders to develop a plan for stakeholder satisfaction.
· Identify relevant standards of quality.
· Develop quality measures for monitoring project performance.
· Develop a quality management plan as described in this chapter.
· Perform a qualitative assessment to prioritize risks.
· Develop a quality policy.
· Develop a process improvement plan.
· Define a quality assurance approach.