3. Complete Utah Forms TC-941 and 33H for the remittance of quarterly state taxes.
4. Complete the employee W-2s and Wayland Custom Woodworking W-3 for 2018.
The final pay period of the year will not be paid to employees until January 4, 2019. The company will accrue the wages for the final pay period only. Because the pay period is complete, there will not be a reversing entry for the accrual. As a result, paychecks will not be issued for this pay period since they will be paid in the following year and reflected on the Employee Earning Record forms for each employee when paid. The remainder of the employer liability will be paid with the final filing for the year.
The company pays for Christmas Eve and the day of Christmas for 2018. Employees will be paid for both Monday and Tuesday as holiday pay. Standard time for the pay period was 88 hours, but employees worked extra hours on Saturday during the week of 12/24–12/28. Reminder, holidays and vacations are not included as hours worked for calculation of overtime.
- Complete the Employee Gross Pay tab.
- Complete the Payroll Register for December 31.
- Complete the General Journal entries for the December 31 payroll.
- Update the General Ledger with the ending ledger balances from the December 15 pay period ledger accounts first, and then post the journal entries from the current period to the General Ledger.